All amounts donated on this website are in US dollar currency.
Thank you for thinking about us. We are greatly appreciative. Every dime can bring about great change to this world.
- For donations via bank accounts:
A) Donors who do not live in the US: International Wire Info
B) Donors who live in the US: Please email the filled out Domestic ACH Form to email@example.com.
- If you would like to make a monthly recurring donation, please email the filled out English or Chinese version of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You would like to donate using your credit card.
If you would like to support us in other ways, please feel free to contact us.
White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. is a proud supporter of Buddhist activities all over the world including the Great Wisdom Buddhist Institute (“GWBI”) in Canada.
Donors may recommend that White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. consider using donated funds for specific purposes, including the building of Great Wisdom Buddhist Institute’s monastery in Canada, the living expenses of the GWBI monastics.
Note: Please be advised that White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. maintains dominion and control over all contributions it receives, consistent with U.S. federal tax law and Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations. To that end, White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. will not accept contributions that are earmarked for specific foreign organizations, including Great Wisdom Buddhist Institute. White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. retains the right to accept or reject the request of any donor to apply funds for a specific grantee or activity and to apply such funds for another purpose or to another organization in its sole discretion.
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information is defined as any information about an identifiable individual including information that can be used to recognize, identify or contact a specific individual, whether it concerns an email address, where an individual lives, or which interests, causes and organizations he or she supports. Personal information does not include most business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or business telephone or fax number or business email address of an employee of an organization, and certain publicly available information.
White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. Cherishes Right to Privacy
Your privacy and security are very important to us. White Lotus Philanthropy Ltd. (“White Lotus”) respects your right to privacy and is determined to protect the personal information you provide to us. The information we collect through our website is used to facilitate donation collection and processing, provide tax receipts, process online account registrations and communicate news and updates. White Lotus does not license, trade, sell or rent your personal information in any way.
White Lotus observes the following privacy practices from its direct-to-donor site where visitors can donate:
* White Lotus collects information only for specified purposes.
* We only require that you provide the necessary amount of personal information to provide any service, as required by law or by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
* Personal information gathered by White Lotus is held in the strictest confidence and is protected by industry standard best practices.
White Lotus has been following the privacy principles:
o White Lotus is responsible for personal information in our custody or under our control and we have designated a Privacy Official who is accountable for White Lotus’ compliance with applicable laws. There are other individuals within White Lotus who are responsible for day to day collection and management of personal information.
2. Identifying Purposes
White Lotus collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
o To provide tax receipts when users make an online donation.
o To allow users to create or register for a White Lotus account and to manage those accounts.
o To administer pre-authorized recurring donations.
o To generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal and external use.
o To communicate directly with users, including through White Lotus service news and updates we think will be of interest to you, or other forms of communications.
o To provide client support and help.
3. Consent to use personal information
o White Lotus collects personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it or otherwise only with your consent as required by applicable law.
o We will not, as a condition of the supply of our service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
o A user may withdraw his or her consent to use his or her personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact the Privacy Official of White Lotus as described below. We will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
o If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in more personalized information and services, you may unsubscribe by following the directions provided with the communication.
4. Limiting Collection
White Lotus limits the collection of personal information to that which is reasonably necessary for the identified purpose. The types of information White Lotus collects can be summarized as follows:
1. Personal Information provided to White Lotus: White Lotus collects certain personal information directly from individuals who interact with our website or otherwise with us, including the following:
‘ Contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number);
‘ Financial and billing information (such as credit card number/expiration date, broker and financial advisor information); and
‘ Tax receipt information; and
‘ Account username and password information.
2. Non-Personal Information: When donors, volunteers, or other organizations access the secure section of our website, anonymous, non-personal information about their visit is automatically collected. This information may include the date of the visit, how the visitor uses the website, the length of the visit, what pages the visitor viewed, the type of browser and operating system being used, and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. White Lotus may also collect statistics that describe how our visitors use our site. This information might include the average donation amount, the geographic breakdown of donations by area, and what times of the day have the heaviest traffic. None of these statistics reveal any personally-identifiable or individual information and White Lotus does not use any of this information to identify individuals.
3. Cookie-based Information: When our clients, donors, and volunteers access the secure section of our website, a small text file called a ‘cookie’ is sent from our web server to their web browser and is stored on their computer. Cookies allow us to recognize users while he or she is logged into the White Lotus website. Cookies expire when the browser window is closed. Session Cookies employed by White Lotus are strictly used to perform the function that the user intended, such as keeping the user logged into the service in a secure fashion. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some pages of this website may not function properly.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
o White Lotus retains personal information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
o White Lotus does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law.
o White Lotus does not disclose credit card account information provided by users except to the appropriate banking institutions or payment processing provider in order to process a credit or debit authorization for payment, or to resolve a dispute.
o White Lotus may have to disclose personal information to satisfy a law, regulation or government request, or to satisfy a subpoena, search warrant or legitimate court order.
White Lotus takes reasonable effort to keep personal information accurate, complete and as up to date as is necessary for the purposes that is being used. Individuals are permitted to check on the accuracy of their personal information and may make, or request, modifications or corrections, if necessary. White Lotus depends on individuals and organizations to help it in maintaining the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the information collected. You must log-in to your White Lotus online account to update, modify, correct or delete your personal information.
o All White Lotus staff members are made aware of the need to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal information.
o White Lotus makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect personal information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, disclosure and destruction by establishing and maintaining appropriate security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
o White Lotus has thorough security standards to protect our systems and personal information against unauthorized access and use. This includes the security protections required by PCI compliance as well as specific procedures to keep donation information secure, private and in Canada.